Sunday, November 05, 2023

11/4/2023

Still Dark on Saturday.  Seems like AWS backup is going haywire.  Saving too much again. Gottata fix that. 


Made breakfast, leftover biscuits and eggs with melon.  


Tuned up the planes. Taking the 4 star and the Rebel jet.


Flying at the field was a joy!! It was forecast to be light winds. When that usually means that it’s blowing 18 MPH at the field. Well not today. John and Larry were there. I brought the 4 star and the Rebel jet.  Sent the 4 star up and it tune was great it flew like a boss.  However, I did have one mess up where I brought all 3300 batteries but on was only a 3s not a 4s. The plane took off but had no power and was a handful to bring down.  Came down with a smooth landing. The rebel went up and had an issue with not enough elevator control. Was on the hairy edge of control and brought it down fast and generally ok. I had to twist the front landing gear to get the retract to warm again.  Set more control throw in the transmitter and I found that I needed to have mid flaps settings to take off. After that the both planes flew like they were on rails. Transmitter, Gyro and controls were dialed in. Had an incident with John’s planes his receivers had to be rebound and they lost their trims. He got his t-28 landed but smashed up a me109.  


Came home to soup and tomato pie. Made some hot peppers that… well were too spicy and gave me heartburn in the night. 


We went for a 2 mile walk on the path.


We watched Morse and Vera mysteries and munched on popcorn and Italian lemon sodas.