Sunday, November 26, 2023

11/26/2023

Sunday, slept well last night. Slept so well in fact I had some weird dreams. Dreamt that I was taking a bus tour in a French speaking country, We had to get off the bus and on to a train. M was driving her car but it was a red car. Why was she not on the bus. The we took the train into town and I met various people I used to got to school with and old work mates. One of my work mates when into a establishment and they had a food challenge. You eat an incredible amount of food if you meet the challenge it’s free , if you don’t they tattoo your forehead or charge you $2000. I passed on the challenge but my work mate tried it and was arguing with the owner and paid the money. I looked at my watch and could not figure the time but knew it was very late and took the train back to the bus. M took the train back but had to get her car which was ticketed and impounded by the parking people. I spent the time fixing a standing lamp that was very badly designed, Think IKEA floor standing lamp. 

Well that was a lot to unpack. Not sure what anything is saying. It was very vivid but very fractured. Entertainment I don’t have to pay for I guess. 

Chilly morning, turned on the fireplace and started the coffee machine. Started doing the laundry and emptying the dishwasher.

Did a session the treadmill. It was too chilly for me to get out.

 Did a shopping trip to Wegman's and home depot. Go the Clorox clean up bottles that I keep getting reminded about. Also, got silicone adhesive caulk for the servos on the jet. 

Grilled the sockeye salmon. Did the foil tray method. Turned out really well crispy skin and not dried out. Sockeye is so easy to dry out. 

After lunch we made bean and barley soup for the week. It was the best soup that we have made yet.  Chicken base really made the difference. 

I was exhausted and my back ached all day. I had no energy to work in the basement on my projects. 

Got a new project to count the coins in my water jug. Found the coin machines want a 10 to 15% cut. The cheapest method is rolling them and bring them to the bank. Ordered coin wraps and coin trays to help the process. 

Making a buckwheat, oatmeal mix overnight in the slow cooker.  1/4 cup each of buckwheat cereal, steel cut oats and oat groats.