Sunday, November 19, 2023

11/19/2023

Sunday, ugh had trouble sleeping last night. Woke up around 2 and tossed and turned. Sat in my chair for the rest of the night.  Cold morning. Thinking about going for a walk when it warms up. 

Had a light breakfast. Coffee especially good and necessary today.

M going to go to Doylestown to bookstore, I’m going to go to Assi to get a couple more melons and more tofu. Grilled tofu is just so excellent! I’m going to have to get more rice to refill the pantry supplies. M is going to make pumpkin soup and I’ll make a small lentil and black bean Monday. Soup and salad on the run up to Thanksgiving.

Tech support call this morning. Internal, M’s keyboard was not giving F’s. Well I’m make that keyboard give an F !!!! Canned air, updated drivers and a reboot. That dang keyboard gives an F now! Internal tech support ticket closed, hope I get 5 stars.

Still chilly outside.  10am and it’s getting to be a decent temp to get outside for a walk. Maybe it’s just my inertia kicking in. 

We have our vacation plans set up, at least the times and places. Now have to make the reservations and lock them in.

Went out walk on the path, 3 miles. Saw what I would call a low end rider on a high end bike. A fellow was on this sparkling new trek bike. Looks like it was a pretty good one. However, right away his seat was set way too low, then he was pedaling with the arches of his feet and to top it off he was struggling up a hill in a high gear. I guess that he got the bike maybe a few weeks ago at the most. This is the second time we saw him. I give it a couple more rides and that bike will be in the back of the garage, next year this time it’ll be on Craigslist. Should we have said something to him? Well maybe. Not sure I want to be that guy.  I maybe looking on Craigslist for a bargain on a good bike.

M made pumpkin curry soup. I got back from shopping and made salmon burgers and grilled tofu for the week. 

Looks like the great Sriracha shortage is breaking. Both Assi and Wegmans were stocking shelves with new shipment of the hot sauce.  I got a couple of bottles. Be what I need for the week! Ha! 

Made vacation reservations. We are good to go! 

Late afternoon, got the Oh crap I gotta go to work tomorrow cause it’s Monday blues.

Looking through the pantry for thanksgiving.  Tossing out a bunch of sauces that were in the back of the pantry.  Found 6 cans of various cranberry, jelly and whole! What is Thanksgiving without cranberry. Yes, I love the can shape with the ridges! There is no other option for cranberry!  

There was a woman at Assi, waiting to checkout  with me.  She had a little boy with her and I asked if he was helping Mommy shop? He kind of shied away.  His mom said that he has problems understanding native speakers. I asked where they were from. Ukraine she said.  I said that tried to keep up with what is happening there and was glad she and her boy was safe. Her husband is back there. I wished her and her family be well.  It’s pretty awful with all the wars in Ukraine and Israel and Gaza and elsewhere. It’s pretty depressing that we have to cause such misery on one another.  Yeah bad guys need to be stopped. That’s a given, but all kinds of innocents get caught up in the hostilities. One more thing to be thankful this season is the peace that we are experiencing now.