Sunday, December 03, 2023

12/2/23

Foggy morning.  Reading a bunch on the winter forecast. Earlier they said it will be a warm and wet winter.  Now they are saying that it will have a lot of snow.  They are just covering all the bases I guess. We did see 3 full up snow plows on the road Friday when getting snow tires for the Bolt.  We'll just be prepared. 

The Tesla pickup is out.  I think that thing is an eyesore. Not my cup of tea. I don't get the real hate people are heaping on it. Well I do because Musk is an idiot and jst brings it on himself.  Things I like about it was it really looks like the prototype. Not like other car companies that bring out prototype and then use just a little of the styling. I don't see it a practical But I don't see pickups as practical either. I'm just not a truck guy.  I'm sure he will sell all he can to tesla stans and youtubers that will shoot them up to see how really bulletproof they are. But it's not on my Christmas list. 

Did a quick check and the Mac works on my dell thunderbolt dock.  It gets the keyboard, the mouse, network and power but not the displays.  That's ok. Glad it works at all and the keyboard is at the tight height for me to use. 

Cloudy day but warm ish, think we'll go out for a walk in a little bit. Won't get more 50 degree days is the winter. 

M and I did a walk on the path. The usual 3 miles. My knee was barking at me after. It was damp and chilly ish I think that was the cause. 

Working on the Avanti Jet and found that the landing gear and retract motors we damaged. Looked on the website and the V1 parts are no longer available.  I opened a tech support ticket to see what can be cobbled up maybe from the V2 parts.  I think I’m going to box up the project for now and work on something that I can complete.