Saturday, December 16, 2023

12/16/23

Friday was busy. Got the alarm sensors hung. Did some financial errands. Also, some shopping.  
Made cheese ravioli and Impossible "meat"balls for lunch.  Does ravioli take me back!  When I was a kid my grammar school user to run a carnival near the holidays. It was a real simple carnival with chance wheels, bingo and 50/50  for the adults and magnet fishing and similar games for the kiddies. Boy those nuns uses to love their bingo and 50/50! Anyway there was also a ravioli dinner. The lunch ladies would sell tickets and people would come to the cafeteria and have ravioli with red sauce, meatball and bread. It would be one of the places my dad would not bitch and moan about going out to eat. The lunch period before the carnival they would also have ravioli and my parents would give me money to buy lunch that day. So I would not have to have the greasy pepper and egg sandwich that I would throw out. Ravioli and red sauce was just so great for me as a kid.  I mean even today if I could only eat one thing and it could be spaghetti and sauce  that would be ok.  Ravioli is just plus ultra.  Don't get me started on the lasagna crunchy corners! 
Mike came by this morning after breakfast. We had a nice cappuccino and discussion. We talked about going to Dayton OH to the Air Force museum for a long weekend. I gave him a bunch of lipo batteries from the planes and a couple from computers to put into the recycling box at Home Depot.   I feel great that they have those boxes there to recycle lithium batteries. I just hope that they don't just go into a landfill. 
Been working on trying to reduce out internet/cell/subscriptions bill. Going to drop youtube TV and a Microsoft subscription will save us of $75 a month.  Dollar here, dollar there it starts adding up fast. 
Did a little shopping for clothes so I could have shirts that did not have soup stains on them. I want to be presentable for M's family and friends for the holidays. New clothes were in order.