Saturday, June 30, 2007

Oil Change....




Today I changed the oil on the motorcycle. I like to change my own oil as the dealer changing the oil is pretty expensive. I got a gallon of Mobil 1 Synthetic and a Purolator filter. Put the bike up on the stand and spread paper. Emptying the oil was easy. But the filter was stuck. So stuck in fact I broke a strap wrench. When to Pep Boys bought a oil filter wrench. Broke wrench that trying to loosen the filter. When back to Pep Boys again bought a oil filter wrench. Broke that wrench trying to loosen the filter again. Then I just took a hammer and screwdriver to it. That got it loose, but I dropped enough oil on the driveway to qualify for a Superfund site. Finally got it done and got the bike, the drive and me cleaned up.

Words to remember " ....Hand tighten filter! "