Monday, June 25, 2007

Another great boat weekend.

We slept in lat on Saturday then headed down to Rock Hall. We loaded up the boat and tried to put up the main sail. The sail slugs that I got this winter that I thought would help dropping the main sail did not work well at all. They hung up going up as well as down. OK, we made the trip to West Marine to get sail slugs and lube. The main then attached we made ready to get out of the slip. The engine was put in reverse and nothing happened. We tied back up and I dove under the boat. I found the prop was completely fouled with marine growth. Marilyn handed me the scraper and in 20 minutes the prop was free. But it was getting warm and late so we headed to the pool.

On Sunday we walked into Rock Hall to the Java Rock had a cup and made it back to the slip. Getting out was much easier this time. We got out to the bay and put up the sails. I spent some time adjusting them. We caught just a little wind and then dead calm. The motor was switched on and the sails lowered and we went for a little ride just to see and smell the bay. Coming into the slip worked well even after a year. We washed up the boat and got it bright white again. I then put another coat of varnish on the hatch and we left for home.