Sunday, February 25, 2024

2/24/24

Saturday. Espresso machine is running a clean cycle. No one likes a dirty espresso machine.  M going out with Hilda for brunch.  I'm not having breakfast as I'm in a brain fog and just need coffee.  Come 'on coffee machine! 




Going to jam on Fusion this morning to get a drawing to set up as a template for cutting on the scroll saw. 

So finally I got a manufacturing model going in Fusion and I was able to get a nice template to stick on the plywood.  

Went to the basement to cut out the battery shelf. A part not to big or too small. First step the drill press. A couple of 1.75 inch holes. Looking good. Then 1/8 inch holes, 8 of them. Done. Cut it to size on the table saw.  Again looking good. Next step was to make the tabs on the sides.  I had to stand the piece up and nibble away at the piece like a dado blade. I was nervous at the placement of my fingers.  Not close, but I had to be careful. Tried a short cut where I would slice the tab out but the piece got under cut. Not good. Then the scroll saw.  Not the best there. Lines were not straight at all. Was really rough cut. I could have done better, maybe with more practice. In all it took about an hour and a half.  Way too long. The final product was OK. Not really great. I could use it in a pinch but in reality a big nope. 





So What now.  Indeed what now. Not going to make parts like that. I will have issues making parts much smaller than that.  The cutting on the table saw was worrying. The nibbling dado cuts were ok on this part. But a no go on smaller parts. I really am attached to my fingers, and I would like to keep them attached to me. The scroll saw may need some practice to get a better cut. That can be done. The accuracy is just not there.