Saturday, October 04, 2008

To Sweden


Flying in the US lately has been a drag. Security, no food, crowded carryon a real pain. I flew out of Newark NJ and I check in to SAS, no baggage fee so consequently there was no rush to pile on the carryon in the passenger comparment. Most of the carryon space was empty. I had a middle seat, in the middle asile of the wide body. There was no one to the left or right of me so I had all the elbow room I needed. The seats had a entertainment center showed a choice of movies on demand or a camera from the front of the airliner or a moving map showing current position, speed and altitude. They served a warm meal with fresh bread, and a complementry cocktail. Two hours to Stockholm they also served breakfast. Rolls, youghrt, OJ you get the picture. Did I mention this is ecomony class! International arrivals at Stockholm was confusing but the aiport was under construction. You show your passport, get your bags and go thru customs. I was mostly waved thru. You go thru security again when you go into the domestic terminal. I woman at the check point patted me down. Boy did I get a Swedish massage. I then got on a flight to Umea the flight was less than half full. Remember that? I took a taxi to the hotel in Umea. I walked and looked around and tell you more and may post pictures tomorrow.