Sunday, August 08, 2010

Boat Maintainence Weekend

Marilyn and I when to Rock Hall this weekend. It was a great weather weekend high 80's but now wind. Which was ok becauce I had to fix a few things on the boat. I was looking around the boat for leaks as the bildge pump was running funny. I found that the float switch for the pump was bad. So I had to get down in the bildge to see what was the mattter and found a corroded connection. I also replaced the head ( aka toilet ) pump. Not the most pleasant job. But I got it done. I got washed up and then napped for the rest of the afternoon. After dinner we watched the sunset from the docks and then went Al and Anne's boat for wine and conversation. Marilyn got in to a card game they called Oh Hell. I headed for the showers and then my bunk. ( all that napping made me sleepy! )  This morning I found the bildge switch still was not working so I went off to West Marine to get a new one. This replacement job worked and the bildge pump was left working. We left for home in the morning. After unpacking the car I set up a hose on the new faucet I had the plumber put in to the side of the house. So Marilyn can water her flowers. I loaded up the car and went to the flying field. I flew a few turns with my trainer airplane just to shake the cobwebs off. I haven't touched the planes or the computer simulator in a few months.  I still could fly but I'm rusty. The wind at the field ( notice no wind at the bay! ) did not help.