Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Garlic Adventure!

This weekend we took our annual cross country ski outing at Garnet Hill. All the important things were there, good friends, lots of food and wine, and mounds of snow. The garlic was ritually sacrificed to the snow gods. I think that they were more than happy with the offering. Some of the lesser dieties were ticked with us. The great god of electricity saw fit to deny us power for several hours. Along with the power went heat, water, light, a way to cook food and flush toilets!

Also, minor diety, the god of reserservations looked down her nose at us and found us greatly unworthy. She saw fit to take my reservation for Feb 6 thru Feb 13 ( eeek Friday the 13th !) but my offering of $500 and a contract was meet with great displeasure. I almost told the goddess to kiss my @$$. But thunder would fly from her fingers and Bazil house and the garlic ritual would be no more. So I made the deposit offering, signed the godessess contract which she still found a less than perfect offering!