Monday, August 25, 2008

I'm Red Eye


Phew! I know why it's called the red eye! You jump on a plane 10 at night, which is 1 am in you destination. Fly all night. Try to sleep with some guy poking you in the ribs, and the stew running over you foot with the cart of $2 bottles of water that no one will buy unless they are choking on the $7 meal. ( Yes this is a rant..... ) Ok Ok I survived the flight. We get off the plane and I think the plane landed in Jersey. I felt like it took 45 minutes to get to the luggage carousel. Information is money and USAir was saving it as they gave us no clue in what building or over the three football fields of area that out luggage would be arriving.
When I left Philly there were these tough looking guys who were ready to kick my fanny from here to Guantanamo Bay if I did not follow even the smallest of rules that are written, spoken, implied or in common knowledge. I was wondering where these guys were at the baggage pick up as just about every bench had it's own homeless person living under it. I know what you are thinking.... No this was no refugee from a Phoenix flight waiting for his bag. I live in Philly. Homeless here you don't have to see to know. You can use your ummmm.. other senses. I'm not with the chamber of commerce, but you don't have to be a booster to know that the airport baggage claim is the city's front door, and having guests from out town may think twice when they see a festering mass of humanity snoring on your threshold. Not even in the home of the homeless, San Francisco, were there were homeless living in the airport. If you think that I'm being insensitive, Please feel free take one of these "ladies" and "gentlemen" to your hotel room for your stay here.
Hmmm I thought so.
Ok got that out of my system...... I fell asleep for the next 24 hours.