Sunday, July 16, 2006

Motorcycle Ride

Well this morning at 7AM we were trying to sneek out of our driveway to go to the ride when my cycle alarm went off. I forgot that I armed it last time ugh! Anyway we got off and went to the start point at Hopewell Furnace. We met the fellows Mike, Mike, & Brian and we compared bikes. I wanted to take pictures but I forgot the compact flash card. The ride was about 140 miles thru the Oley Valley and past Kutztown. It was very scenic. Lots of winding roads thru farm country. It followed quite a few creeks and it was nice and shady. The ride had a theme of covered bridges. It was the right place in the country for it. We passed four of them. We stopped for lunch at what was Doe Mountain Ski resort. It was rebuilt with a hotel and conference center and is now Bear Creek. They had a great brunch set up and AIR CONDITION! It was really warm today. (92 not in the sun) Towns we passed thru was Fleetwood, Boyertown, Longswamp, Macungie, Bally and a host of others. I know, I know, This thread is worthless without pics! I try to get some from the other guys and my phone. More Later!