Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Labor day extravaganza

We had Marj and Roy down to the boat over the weekend. Earl was an
unwanted visitor. We experienced the tail end of the hurricane winds.
On Friday I was working on the laptop on the boat when it refused to
work for me anymore. I had to kill it. I smashed it into small
pieces. Time for a new computer! The winds were blowing at 25knots on
Saturday and the waves were up. It would not have been a fun ride. So
we sat in spring cove on Saturday. Sunday we went out and had a great
sail. But our destination was beyond Kent narrows and there were
hundreds of boats out. We would have been stuck in a jam at the
bridge. We turned and sailed to swan creek. It was a great sail back
and the night was fantastic. Nice clear and cool evening. Fast
forward to the drive home. In chestertown I got a warning from the
police for going too fast. No ticket but I'm the one who warns
everyone who comes down to watch the speed!

--Rico
I was all thumbs typing this in!
Sent from my iPhone.