Sunday, July 25, 2010

I know how the kebobs feel......

On Friday we took off early for the boat. I finished up around in the early afternoon and went to pick up Marilyn at work at 4. Ouch the Philly traffic was awful. Took us 3 hours from downtown. Turn the A/C on at the slip and had a comfortable night. We fueled up and got out of the slip. The wind was blowing hot like a hair dryer by 10:30. We just anchored in Swan Creek. First off I smelled something not right. Turned out I put on all the fans to get some breeze in the cabin. And the solar array was keeping up but the heat affected the breaker by loosening a screw. That overheated the breaker to the point it started to melt. I shut down the solar system and all was ok. We jumped into the bay. The water was so warm it was not refreshing. Coming out cooled us off. The ships thermometer showed 102 degreees. We jumped back in until we saw a jellyfish. No more bay warm or not!. A coworked e-mailed that he was staying home and just grilling kebobs and how lucky I was hangin on the boat. I replied that I had more in common with the kebobs on the grill! I then tried to start out generator set to get the A/C going. And the fuel hose popped off! I could not fix the thing without taking it apart. So went back to the slip at Rock Hall for the night. Hooked up the cooling system and spent a comfortable night.