Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back in Rock Hall

Yesterday morning we took off early around 7 form Tilghman. The forcast was for rain and there was a small craft advisory out. The winds were going about 15 to 20 knots form the south and the current was behind us. This made the boat a little hard to control as were surfing on the wave tops. We made it to the Kent Narrows bridge. I asked the bridge keeper if he was going to open the bridge ar 9:30. His response was " ....should I?" Yes please. Sheesh I didn't know the bridges had trolls? Once past the bridge we could see rain cells passing to the north. The last part was an easy run to Rock Hall from the Chester River. We did not get caught in the rain untill we tied up at our slip. The it started sprinkling. We had dinner at a local pizza joint. After our dock neighbors Al and Ann were there and we invited them over and the had a few people and in a while we had a full boat of people munching and drinking. Ann and I went out for a folding chair. I heard a cry for help and heard splashing. I ran over to the other dock to find John was on the ladder in the water fishing their dog out. It seemed the dog could not see well and walked off the dock. He got the dog out and I helped him up off the ladder. I made it back to the party which lasted to midnight.