Sunday, July 13, 2008

Stranger in a Strange......

Well I was walking around the Embarcadero Center, it was mostly closed up. I found a barber and figured that I could get a hair cut. It's nice having a fresh hair cut and walking around without much structure. I went to the ferry building by the Oakland bay bridge and was watching the sailboats gliding along in the bay. I was thinking of Marilyn. She called this morning from Lincoln Center, she and Meg are seeing a show in NYC. I was missing going down to the boat this weekend.

I scraped the idea of sourdough and chowder when I found a bread place next to a cheese place. I got some triple cream brie, a few slices of salami and bread.

While walking thru the ferry marketplace I saw a meat place that puzzled me. the sign said "Humanely Treated" yet the meat was in cuts in front of me. I was hoping they did plan on treating me humanely! And in a place that some people would not come near it, they were selling lard, organic lard....Hmmmm is that really any better for you???