Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Lame-o service writer


Marilyn came home yesterday from St Louis. She made it home on an early flight. It's nice to have her home again!
After a quick home coming we had to drop off her car at the Honda dealer. The "Check Fuel cap" light came on a few weeks ago. I checked the manual and it said to clear it you tighten the fuel cap, drive it at 30mph for 45 seconds. I did that and it's still been on. I really hate making and an appointment to see the dealer.

We get to the dealer. First question: " Did you check the fuel cap?" ( Gee, I never crossed my mind to check the fuel cap when the "Check fuel cap" light came on! )
Then the problems began, the service writer said that it could cost me $45 to clear the light. I told him that the light is on and could not be cleared by the procedure in the manual so it's all on him. He told me that the procedure is wrong and that it could take about a month to clear the light on it's own. Huh??? The manual said hmmmmm 45 seconds not a month! He said the manual is wrong. Well, Something is wrong.....
I was ready to give the service manager a real need for $45 of Rolaids.

Well they cleared the light and charged me $0 which was ok with me. The Service Manager told me that the guy last night was new and not trained on this issue. But the manual was still wrong. I guess they need a update for the service writer, manual, and my car.